“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Friday, July 22, 2011

When mornings are off....

Yesterday morning I woke with a backache and neck/shoulder ache, which sent waves of pain up through my neck and head into a pounding migraine above my right eye. I had the backache the night before, probably from lifting Evelyn high in the air when we were dancing and from moving the furniture around, and because of that I must've slept all goofy, hence the tense shoulder. Not a productive morning.

This morning I wake to discover that somehow one of the cats (Ono, I'm sure) managed to knock everything that was on our kitchen island off of it. This included my water bottle, pen, magazine, some papers, and MY CAMERA. The lens cap popped off and flew far underneath the stove, and there is a small crack in the back lens, the glass part you can see when the lens is detached from the body. It's a tiny, tiny mark, and I can't yet tell if it makes a difference in photos because my battery is charging, but damn! How did she manage to do that?

But, I told myself to not get upset until I can see if the tiny crack even makes a difference, and proceeded to work on poems, like I planned on doing this morning, and just as I was really getting far with one, I hear Evelyn call "mama!" This was ten minutes ago, and she usually doesn't wake up for another hour and a half.

Inhale.....exhale.....     

You see, time is precious--the earlier Evelyn wakes up, the less work I get done. Simple. And my plan was to get a ton of school work done yesterday morning and this morning, since the weekend will be full of the concert and other fun stuff. The concert is supposed to be my reward for all my hard work, but yesterday morning I couldn't even open my eyes without wincing in pain from light, so I didn't get a whole lot done then, and this morning....well.....

Inhale.....exhale.......

4 comments:

  1. oy, so close to productive and then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep breathing! I hope you feel better. Your photos really are beautiful. I hope your camera isn't badly damaged. Mine died on me a few weeks back and I am still mourning... sigh. x Pixie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't checked the camera yet, I'm afraid! It's just the one lens, but lenses are expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry about the pain. That sucks. My wife gets migranes and I'm SO happy that I've never had one. I hope your camera is okay. So there are some things about cats that I should address also (after all the dog posts). I better get to working on it. Hope things have gotten better for you by now!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.