If you have not heard this song (the title of my post) by the Pixies, you should go get your hands (ears, I suppose) on it now. It was one of my top most-listened to songs through college, appropriately. And a particular college roomie and I have been obsessed with it since we first heard it.
Most people know it as the song from the end of the movie Fight Club, which, if you haven't seen it, you should also get your hands on right about now. I actually just saw it for the first time last week, and the end scene is the best end scene I've ever seen. Of course, my previous obsession with the song probably has something to do with that, but either way, it's beautiful. If you haven't seen Fight Club but plan on it, don't watch the clip below. Trust me, you'll want to save your first time for the real thing (ha, that sentence could be read in any number of interesting ways). If you have seen it and love it as much as I do, indulge yourself:
Also, lately my mind has not been here, on my blog - but all for good reasons:
1) I can only handle so much news and politics reading at one time. I had to take a break. If you've been a reader for a while, you may have noticed this pattern - every once in a while, I go on a little break. If I don't give myself breaks from the world, I will be too depressed to properly function.
2)I started my job as an online adjunct teaching assistant - I have 60 papers to grade this week. And the next. And the next. And the next. Wow.
3) Little Ms. Evelyn Jane is down to naps that are just a little over an hour long - that hour flies by!
Don't worry, I'm not making excuses for myself or you - after all, this is my blog and I can post as little or much as I like. I am just explaining so you know I am still here - and so I know I am still here. If that makes sense.
As always, thanks for reading.
All I can think about now is the ending to the "fight club." I agree, it was amazing...
ReplyDeletei hope the job works out.
Thanks Pat. I am pretty sure the job will work out - just a lot of papers at once!
ReplyDeleteHi, just noticed the Here & Now bit and wondered if you were at all familiar with the excellent British Spacepunk/reggae band of the same name.
ReplyDeleteCheck out 'Here And Now - Jaques Cousteau' on Youtube.Great fun :)
I'm not familiar with that band, but they sound interesting - I'll definitely check them out. I love learning about new music. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteAh thank you, Sarah. Made my day...not surprising :)
ReplyDeleteHey there particular college roomie :)
ReplyDeleteThis song will always make my day (partly, of course, because it will always make me think of you).