Thinking about war always makes me feel too somber, too eerie. To know that it's happening in so many places right now really chills me.
My dad was in the army for over 20 years and fought in Desert Storm. Like many veterans, I'm sure, he doesn't say much (not to us kids anyway), about his experience ever, even though 20 years have passed. This day means a lot to him.
And right now my brother's best friend from childhood is in Afghanistan. I breathed a sigh of relief today when he reappeared on Facebook after a month or so.
I hate this topic, really, so I'll stop there. Just had to get it out of me so I can fully enjoy a funny movie tonight, safe in my big warm bed.
This is always a tough subject. I'm sure you don't know this, but I was in the marine corps and was in vietnam for 13 months as a teenager.
ReplyDeleteI'm so darn torn on the wars going on today. One half of me thinks we are wasting our time and precious young men on them. the other half of me wants to be there...