“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Friday, June 11, 2010

Name Change (and a cat!)

As soon as I finish this post, I am changing the title of my blog. I originally chose "Kaleidoscope" because I've always enjoyed the feel of the word in my mouth, and also because life is always changing, moving, like when you look into a kaleidoscope. But, I've realized that the word is perhaps a bit too common (many blogs of all sorts share the name) and doesn't say a whole lot about what my blog is about (what IS my blog about....?) The new title, "Here and Now," is more accurate.... What is here and now? I am here now, you are here now, life is here now. This is the only life we have, so be here now. Hey--like the Mason Jennings song! (I really did just think of that).

In other exciting news, my parents are on their way to our house with..... a cat! I guess this cat followed my mom home from a walk, and my parents would love to keep it but they have two dogs (who would be very jealous of the cat) and my dad and sister are both allergic. The cat is already de-clawed and therefore is an indoor cat. In my childhood, I was obsessed with cats. Really, I had books about how to communicate with cats. I had two cats once, a mom and her son, but we had to give them away (family allergies, moving, etc.). Now, after 11 years, I will again have a cat! Yippee!

p.s. I do feel a little bad knowing that the cat probably belonged to someone else, but we are thinking someone dropped her off in the neighborhood to find new owners (that happens often now when people have to move out of their foreclosed homes into apartments, etc). She'd been hanging at my parents' place for a few days, and my dad called the local vets and stuff, and no one was missing a gray cat.

p.p.s. we've named the cat Yoko.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.