“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Saturday, June 12, 2010

What my blog is not about

It's not often I experience insomnia, but tonight is one of those nights. Well, technically it's early morning now, but, you know. Anyway, I read and browse through a lot of other blogs, and I notice that some people blog about very specific topics while others blog about nearly everything. I enjoy both kinds, but I'm in the latter group. However, there are a few topics I won't blog about:

1. Poetry. I mean my own poetry.
2. Specific friends and family members. I might mention them (and of course I write about Evelyn), but I would never write "So the other day so-and-so called me and you know what she said?" I assume this is common blogging etiquette.
3. The really personal stuff. I am more interested in using this blog to discuss what's happening around us. And what we can do about it. Of course my personal life sneaks in here, but if you like juicy secrets and revelations, I'm mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.