Every week for the past year and a half, I have been getting emails from BabyCenter. When I was pregnant, the emails would estimate the size and other physical developments of the unknown one inside me. After Evelyn was born, the emails would say, "My Baby This Week: Your 1 month old" or however old she happened to be that week. I usually skim through them quick and note any fun activity ideas and such. But anyway, I just got my weekly email, and you know what it said?
"My TODDLER This Week: Your 1-Year-Old" (my emphasis). And of course I had a whoa moment (she's not actually 1 till Tuesday, but when I signed up for the emails my due date was the 18th, so that's what the emails go by). I know there's no one defining moment that a baby turns into a toddler, but at least according to Baby Center, my baby is now a toddler. I am sure pretty much every parent goes through this, but still--weird! And bittersweet, like dark cocoa.
I was relieved when my kids stopped being sooooo very small. Less likely to break!
ReplyDelete