Dear Sarah Certa,
Thank you for sending us your work.
Fabulous. Fabulous. Fabulous. To be honest, I'm jealous and wish I'd written them all myself, so jealous in fact, I can't decide which of them to accept. I want them all, but I can't be that greedy. So, I'll tell you what, as a writer I know I always have preference for where I'd like to see a piece end up when I simultaneously submit and then it sometimes ends up in another place. This might sound crazy, but you tell me what poem(s) you'd like to see in [the journal] and then whichever or however many you choose will be featured in the June print issue.
Thanks again for your interest in [the journal] and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future (that's if you don't think I'm too crazy for offering you an unusual kind of acceptance letter).
Um, WHAT?! I didn't know this could happen. Needless to say, my stomach was doing (still kind of is whenever I think about it) all kinds of crazy flippity-floppity shit. I'm flabbergasted. And so encouraged.
This photo is the best I could find that accurately depicts my emotions in response to this news:
fuck yeahhhhhhhh!

SARAH!! CONGRATULATIONS!! What sweet news! Pop some champagne for sure -- I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteDUDE! HOW DID YOU NOT TELL ME THIS TODAY!?!?!?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteha...oops? it feels weird to say this shit in person!
DeleteCongrats!!! This is so exciting! Let me know what [Journal] later. I want one!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lindsay! I'll definitely let you know! It comes out in June :)
Delete