“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Saturday, October 22, 2011

this weekend's theme: RELAXATION

I have a paper to finish and at least two more poems to write by Wednesday, and I could be stressing out about this. I could be stressing out that Evelyn didn't nap today, I could be stressing out that there's a ton of laundry to fold, that I haven't showered yet, that I always feel behind. 

BUT, I'm not. Because although there's all those other things I need to do, I've also done a lot today: last night's dishes, sweeping, vacuuming, litter box, and, most importantly, Evelyn and I went on a walk through the neighborhood on this gorgeous crisp morning, and we stopped at the park and collected leaves for the art project we did this afternoon. 

And tonight? I could hole myself up somewhere to work on my paper, but what kind of a Saturday night is that? I think instead I'll shower, get dressed, and take my two lovelies out for some fine dining and a photo shoot on the beach..... 


2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.