“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Monday, August 8, 2011

conversations with Evelyn

Evelyn often talks about other kids, just kids in general, like, "Oh, there's kids at the park." Today we were talking about going to the park at the beach later, and she says, "Kids at the lake maybe?" And I said, "Yes, maybe there will be other kids at the lake."

And then I asked, "Evelyn, are you a kid?" since she talks about kids like she does puppies ("oooh puppies! See?!")

And she laughed at me and said, "No!" in her latest sassy voice.

And I said, "Well, what are you then?"

She says, "Me!"

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.