“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Focus
I cannot focus. I can focus on photography, and that's it. Which is why early tomorrow morning I am going to take advantage of Jason's day off by going to the coffee shop in town and finding some mental space to focus on poetry. My first packet of the semester is due Sunday, and I have enough work to send my adviser, but that's not what it's about - it's about finding that creative energy to sit down and generate more work, and lately I haven't been able to do that. I've been working so visually, that I feel like I haven't had much other brain activity going on. Not that poetry isn't visual (if it's not visual it's not good poetry, in my opinion), but I trust that you understand what I mean. Tomorrow is a big day for photography, too, though, because I am doing my very first senior photo shoot - she's very open-minded and wants something different, she said, because the railroad tracks are so overused (I agree), and she wants me to capture more candid, natural photos of her, which is exactly what I love to do. And my best friend from high school (yes, this one), lives on a farm nearby and has a rye field she suggested we use - an idea that I love and can't wait to try out. Until then, the above are some photos from a shoot I did yesterday with Evelyn's cousins.
Labels:
Life,
Motherhood,
Photography,
Poetry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








If this is what you can produce when you are not focussed... But I understand what you are saying. I hope you have a good day with poetry and your photo shoot. :-) P
ReplyDeleteThanks Pixie :)
ReplyDelete