“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday's Poem: Interlude

A poem is the best way to start any week (any day, any moment, for that matter). And so every Monday I'll share a poem from the thousands of poems that rest impatiently on my bookshelf. Today's poem: "Interlude" by Timothy Muskat. This is an imagery poem--the kind you just step into and breathe.

Interlude

My old brown dog
lies in

sweet spring
grass

sleeping
undisturbed

as armies
of crocus

are just
blooming

& blooming
around her


*from Poetry East, Chicago: DePaul University, 1997.

2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.