Evelyn's 1st birthday party is this weekend, and I've come up with some green decoration ideas.
#1: I made a poster of "Evelyn's 1st Year"--pictures from each month in chronological order. Our guests will love to see how the munchkin has grown this past year.
I also record a mini-video of her on the 22nd of every month, and I wanted to put all the clips together in chronological order and show the movie, but my computer has been acting up, making this difficult. And, we just have an older television in our bedroom, and I suppose I could drag it into the living room, but then I'd also have to get the cord to hook my computer to the TV or something and yeah... too many other things to do. I should have thought of it earlier. But I still like the idea. And you can make photo posters for any party. People do it all the time for graduation parties. You can keep the poster as a memory, or take the photos off to put in an album or something and reuse the poster board for other parties. Total cost of this decoration: $3.78
#2: Instead of buying streamers and other wasteful party decorations, I found some window crayons--we can draw all over the windows (which is way more fun than hanging up streamers!), and then simply wash them off when the party is over. AND, we can reuse the crayons for other parties (cuz you know we have so many parties, ha!) Total cost: $2.98
#3: We'll have a few tables set up outside, and I plan on putting a homemade bouquet of flowers on each table. We have pink flowering bushes outside, a few hydrangeas I might use, and random wildflowers around the yard. And I have old jam and spaghetti sauce jars I can use for vases. Total cost: 0$.
If you don't have flowers or you live in an apartment, you can often find fresh cut flowers at grocery stores and farmers markets. Even a single flower in a vase looks nice.
I might also do some paper mache or something, using old newspapers we have lying around. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.