I am always trying to be more compassionate towards others, and this includes the gazillion (okay five but that's a lot for this woman!) pets we have. Our cats, Yoko and Ono, are not nearly as cool as their names. They're the bitchiest cats ever! I used to consider myself a cat-person but am loving my dogs more than ever (but I'm trying to love the cats, really I am. But we've never quite moved past that civilized roommates stage...). After one of our dogs, my favorite one, my little lab (i.e. short and chunky) June, ran away TWICE in one week, I realized how much I love her. Because I missed her! And was so worried when she didn't come home two nights in a row. And was so relieved when I found her. No matter how much furniture she gnaws on, hair she sheds, toys she ruins, no matter how mad I get at her -- she doesn't care. She's always so fucking happy which makes her so lovable.
And I laugh out loud every time I look at this picture. Totally my dogs.
![]() |
| source |

Sarah... 5 is a lot for anyone. You guys are crazy! :) We have a fish... that may be enough for Eva and I right now haha
ReplyDeleteIs the top photo of your dog--she's beautiful. We (Peggy and I) got our first cat in 40 years last December, and he's definitely more than a "civilized roommate. Still, I don't think I could ever feel as close to him as I have to many dogs. On the other hand, I REALLY like that self-cleaning feature, and the fact that he needs requires being taken for walks on cold and rainy days.
ReplyDeleteHa, yeah 5 is a lot. We just seem to acquire them somehow. June is the only one where we were like, "Okay, let's go get a puppy." And Snowbrush, yes that top photo is my June! She's so sweet. We adopted both of our cats, one from the street and one from the pet store, so who knows what they've been through. And they are the most unclean cats I've ever known! They eat too fast and then they puke, they track their sand everywhere, spill their food, and shed worse than the dogs. But I think they're happy here :)
ReplyDelete