“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Thursday, September 1, 2011

{September}

September was my first friend in college. A poet. Some days he didn't know what day of the week it was. Some days he'd invite me over for tea on the front porch, a crickety old thing with a sad beige couch and a rusty bar stool. He made me mixed CDs. He wanted to kiss me but I said no what kind of music you have around here and he put on this song and said listen listen here comes the best part and he tugged at his hair and sang i wanna seeeeeeeee movies of my dreams.....

2 comments:

  1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

    (okay, depicting emotion with !! and :) is slightly hard, but i think you get the jist of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it. Thank you Sarah.

    WOW

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.