“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Saturday, September 17, 2011

My ideal morning....

For a long time I've been wishing that I could get up as soon as my alarm goes off, which I would set for 5:55 a.m., and be able to just slide into a 30-minute yoga session, then sip my coffee and write from 6:30-7, and then work on whatever projects I need to work on from 7 until Evelyn wakes up. Gosh even just writing that makes me pine for it.

But it's damn near impossible because for one, lately especially, I've been sleeping SO HARD. It's like I'm in a coma. Which feels sort of amazing, but I am unable to wake up - I slept through almost all three of my alarms this morning, or something, because when I woke up it was to my third alarm going off at 6:45. And then I fell back into a rock solid sleep for another hour. And even when I do get up, even when it's on time, I NEED some coffee before I am fully coherent, so there's no just easing into a yoga routine. And, I'm terrible at sticking to schedules I make for myself, because there's always something else that comes up....and because I made the rules it's that much easier to break them....

What's your ideal morning?

5 comments:

  1. For a while last summer I was able to get up at 6, throw on some clothes and go for a walk or a bike ride and come back before the kids woke up. This summer my mornings consisted of getting up, putting on coffee, showering, getting dressed then having a coffee and cereal on my front porch while I read a book which was a pretty decent way to spend a half hour before I finished getting ready for work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ideal morning sounds like my ideal morning + a 'roll in the hay' to get things started. :-)

    But, you're right. It is nearly impossible to wake up until the last possible second. So frustrating when you want to get up and have a little 'me time'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, "me time" is so important. I almost always get at least some in, but would love, and benefit from, way more. And Yandie - kudos to you - that sounds so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy... I have not, and I fear, never will be a morning person. If I could do your ideal morning routine... I think my stress level would be about 3x less!

    Maybe we should have a contest, and the person who gets their ass out of bed by 6 the most in 2 months has to the take the other person to a show or something... Usually, if there is something in it for me, I'm much more likely to do it. HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading this. Too true.
    More energy..... you know what has helped me? Two cups of water before I go to bed, 4 cups when I wake up before coffee (eyes still closed). I have to be out of the house at 5:30am... and I am NOT a morning person. I have had to figure out my own tricks. Green juicing, protein and no heavy carbs... Your ideal morning sounds like my Sundays (minus the early before sunrise wake-up)... you'll get it! dont give up hope.
    Thank you for watching my video, re-posting and showing the love.
    Happy to have found you here.
    x
    Amy
    refusestolabel.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.