“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Friday, September 16, 2011

for you: Indie Rebellion & Grimes

Because I appreciate you, yes YOU reading this, I have something special for you..... The first is a site of collective independent music - Indie Rebellion. I spent hours on this blog last night, devouring all the new, refreshing, and interesting music boasted there. Some stuff I like much better than others, but that's how it goes with music. I love love love being introduced to new music, and so this site is a keeper.

Ironically, the music I have for you today is not something I found on Indie Rebellion (but I did suggest it to be added to the queue - yes, you can make suggestions too!), but an artist I stumbled on before coming across Indie Rebellion, a Montreal-based artist called Grimes (her real name is Claire Bucher). This first song below sucked me in--it's ethereal and enchanting--and the video footage is from 1968 - how cool is that? 


And after I fell in love with this song I had to search for more from Grimes and came across this next one.... can you say DANCE PARTY?? Someone throw on the strobe--

4 comments:

  1. Also, I think when we get back from Charlie Parr, we pretty much have to dance to this in my living room before we go to bed! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always great to see people pushing the envelope. Great songs...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.