“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Saturday, September 17, 2011

speaking of breaking the rules....

I just came across this clip of the Doors' oh-so-controversial live performance on the Ed Sullivan Show exactly 44 years ago today (Jim Morrison was told by CBS that he had to change the line "Girl we couldn't get much higher" to "Girl we couldn't get much better." (lame!) The band agreed and did a rehearsal with the changed lyrics, but, of course, Jim sang the original lyrics during the live show. Such a badass, I know.)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for breaking the rules. That's what they're made for, right?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.