“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Friday, July 15, 2011

Productivity

As you may have guessed, yesterday was one of the most productive days I have had in a long, long time. Jason had the day off and said he would take Evelyn with him on his errands and such so that I could have most of the day to be fiercely accomplishing. Yes, fiercely. And I was. Not only did I come from the day having four solid poems of the ten I need to send my adviser by the end of the month (I didn't write four poems from scratch but worked enough to feel good about four), but I also revamped this blog (have you noticed the awesome banner at the top? And check out the pages!), and, perhaps best of all, I completed my photography website, which included editing a batch of photos and figuring out my pricing. And tinkering with those damn touchy web components and page elements for fucking hours on end (the last of the frustration is sputtering out).

I still need to figure out the best way to do more advertising - I really want to get my name out locally, like right now, especially since it's prime time for high school senior portraits. (If you have a Facebook account and would like to help me out, go "like" my page - just click here. Thanks!)

But I also need to do some reading, and at least some doodling in my journal....I've spent the first 45 minutes of my morning looking at the work I did yesterday, catching up on blogs, and just thinking. You know how freeing it is to not be caught up on politics? I feel like I should read at least one headline, the state of Minnesota is shut down overall (ugh, did you know that?), but I'm just not that compelled. This week's Newsweek, which came in the mail the other day, features Sarah Palin on the cover and I was like, "Damn, I do not even want to go there...."

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have been so busy and getting so much done! I'm getting nothing done because we seem to be either getting ready for a road trip, returning from a road trip, or actually on a road trip. Having lot's of fun though!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.