“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Saturday, July 16, 2011

the best advice on the worst thing....

From Dean Young's The Art of Recklessness:

"The worst thing that can happen to an artist is to become a bore, to become complacent."

In response, my best friend from high school says, "Isn't that the worst thing that can happen to anyone?"

which is why I still love her dearly.

3 comments:

  1. I'd say that is probably true on both fronts. Once we're satisfied with what we do, we become complacent. I am so much the opposite of that, maybe it's because I'm A.D.D. enough to make it hard to actually finish anything.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.