Really, there is. It's almost on the property line, but it's definitely in our yard, next to our electric box, about seven to eight feet (I'd guess) from the road, down a slope. From here it looks like it's sleeping, except I can see a bit of blood by where it's head should be, or still is? I can't tell if it's head is all the way intact but that must be where it got hit because the rest of its body is untouched. It's belly is bloated though, poor thing. But I didn't come here to gross you out. I came to express a few things I find ridiculous about this situation:
1) Who hits a deer and leaves it in someone's yard? I assume whoever hit it placed it in our yard, unless the deer staggered backwards and laid down to die peacefully. After having it's head slammed off. Hmmm...
2) Who hits a deer and leaves it in someone's yard and doesn't call it in? When I called the police department they said no one had called in about hitting a deer. But someone had heard something about someone moving a deer.....?
3) The officer on duty, who I spoke to on the phone, told me I'd probably have to move the deer into the road, since they usually don't take deer out of people's yards. Um, what? Why not? You expect me to 1) touch this bloody bloated thing and 2) drag it up a 7-8 foot slope? I don't think it's physically possible for me to do that. Have you seen my arms? They're thisbig.
4) Probably the most ridiculous thing of all is that when I updated my Facebook status to say that there was a decapitated deer in my front yard, the side bar that suggests interests and things that relate to your post brought up "decapitation" as an interest. And 911 "like" it. Whoa.
Happy Friday, by the way. If you're on Facebook, make sure to "like" my new photography page (see the side bar to the right here). It's way cooler than decapitation. But only like it if you really like it. No fake stuff.
Ick, that's awful. I always cringe at the sight of dead animals, struck by cars, lying bloody and lifeless by the road. I hope someone can remove the poor guy from your yard... sheesh.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry this happened on your land, and I'm sorry it happened at all. Around these parts, I am odd person out, as the area is all about killing deer. They used to drive by my house looking for deer to shoot by the road--lazy "f's". I think they may have heard about me since I told the neighbors I would call the police if I saw that happen and if you tell one person something, you've just told the entire countryside. So, it sucks this happened!
ReplyDeletegranted, i already commented about this on facebook (am i stalking you?) so yes... SO DISGUSTING. the person must have been drunk or something... that is the only reason i can see someone not caling something like that in! i'm really sorry you have to deal with that! GA-ROSSSSS
ReplyDeleteYou have my empathy, although down here in the city this is usually relegated to squirrels or frogs.
ReplyDeleteI'd be really frightened if this happened to me, just automatically assume that it was a Godfather situation.
The whole thing sucks! I hate it when deer get hit.
ReplyDelete