“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hey, June....

I know the Beatles song is really "Hey, Jude..." but in my head I always sing it as "Hey, June...." which is how our labrador retriever got her name. June is probably my favorite month (September/early October are great too....). It's Evelyn's month. Three weeks from today she'll turn 2. Wow. More than anyone or anything, she teaches me how to be here and now. She knows nothing else.







Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. One of the many joys of mother... being an eye-witness to a present mind... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cutie!
    I like June also, but it's a cool month here. Because I live on the coast, there is a marine layer that comes in every evening and burns off about noon the next day. We call it "June Gloom." Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Azia-so true! And you've worded it so well.

    Pat-Great to see you back! And it's funny how months mean so many different things depending on where you live in the states. I know people in the south who saw 100 today, which is August for me in Minnesota. It's interesting. Ha, I'd like to know your definition of a "cool month."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures made me let out an aww so sweet that my masculinity was immediately called into question.

    On a side note I'm psyched that I can comment on your blog from my phone again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.