“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Monday, May 23, 2011

And also--

And also today I realized that soon my blog will turn 2! Just like Evelyn! Which makes sense because I started this blog in my last lazy & too-large-to-do-anything days of pregnancy. And now she's a curly-headed toddler in the tub who I have to keep telling not to drink the bath water. Life is so surreal sometimes.

Since my post this afternoon, I've been thinking of all the things I'd like to blog about. There's a lot. For one, I want to share more pictures, since I do take A LOT of photos, so might as well share them with someone, right?

I'd also like to write more about Evelyn and my experience as her mother since that's what I spend most of my time doing, and because it's one ever-changing. exciting, exhausting journey--there's gotta be some material there! Right now one of my favorite things is that she switches her g's and d's so when I ask her how her diaper is she says "doog." I love this so much that I often ask how her diaper is even when I know that it's "doog." And I should start thinking of other things that I can ask to which she'd answer "doog" since she's well on her way to being potty-trained!

I wanted to share some photos in this post, but I have to go because I told Evelyn, for the fourth time, not to drink the bath water, and this last time I raised my voice, and now she's very upset and we need to just get the bath over 'cause I can't think past this sentence!

CONTINUED:

Evelyn and I quickly made up and now she is happily in bed and I am happily relaxing under the fan in my bedroom with some low-lighting and a very cold glass of white wine. And all this time I've been thinking about this blog, and I've realized/decided that as I begin writing more consistently again, Here & Now will have the same flavor but on a more micro level. At the core I haven't changed: I'm still a tree-hugging peace-loving liberal atheist poet mom, so at the core that's what this blog will also always be. Really what's changed is my craving for more positivity, and so it just follows that I won't be ranting as much as I used to. Don't get me wrong - I'll always enjoy your rants, it's just what I produce that needs to be more positive (and all for my own sanity). In other words, my distaste for the politics in this country (and my especially large distaste for the Republicans), has swelled so much that it couldn't sustain itself. I feel like I've said what I've had to say about the current state of things, and that's probably why I stopped writing about it all--I felt like a broken record, stuck on the track that is always asking WTF is wrong with people?

And this is not to say that I don't foresee myself writing about politics ever (actually I already have one thing I need to write about), but politics won't be the bulk of my posts, as it seems to have been for some time. Blah blah blah am I done yet? Sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.