“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Friday, April 15, 2011

new blog?

Yes, I've created a new blog - not in place of this one, but in addition to. It's part of the small stones project (read more here), which I've decided to take part of. I've been feeling the need for a separate place to focus on sharing poetry only, without any muddying from politics, rants, ideologies, and other things that get in the way of clear thought....and, if I have an online forum to share these small stones in, I know I will be paying extra careful attention to the life around me (to the here and now), which will no doubt help me be more focused on my MFA work. In case you're wondering, a small stone is "a moment of paying proper attention....writing them helps people to engage with the world around them." It's sort of like a small poem, a concise thought, whatever you want to call it. People write them on their regular blogs, and some people, like me, create separate blogs specifically for these poems/thoughts. So yes, you can do it too, if you feel so moved, or you can just follow along.....

There is a growing community of these types of blogs, called A River of Stones. I've appropriately named mine here&now: the stones (go see).

I'll continue to write here, too, of course, but just needed a better way to organize my thoughts (I think that's what I mean....)

As of early this morning, my grading papers job is officially over, which is a nice relief. Now I have the time that I need to work on school, and the time I need to just be. Right now the weather is so blustery - impossible to enjoy the outdoors, and I have a headache, so I'm gonna go see what I can do about that. And no, I haven't forgotten that it's earth month -

2 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.