“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Saturday, April 16, 2011

poem for all truth seekers

Came across this yesterday in my Complete Poems of E. E. Cummings, and it's too lovely to not share. And in case you're wondering, there's no title because most of his poems are not titled except for a number, and that number goes by the order the poem comes within a collection. So this is poem 3 of 73Poems:

seeker of truth

follow no path
all paths lead where

truth is here

2 comments:

  1. I love it, but it's too bad that "truth" seems to be a subject of debate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, and that's why this can be interpreted in so many ways, I suppose. "no path" makes me think "no rules, no labels...." just be.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.