“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Nirvana Obsession

Something I don't think I've ever mentioned here is my Nirvana obsession. Really, my Kurt Cobain obsession, which began in 2004, when MTV broadcasted the MTV Unplugged Live in New York show for the 10-year anniversary of Cobain's death. My dad had this CD, and so I'd heard the songs and always thought they were good, but then I saw the actual show, and I became full-on obsessed. If time travel was possible, I really think the first place I'd go back to is this show.

4 comments:

  1. So weird.. I was totally struck with the urge to re-listen to this album the other night. I was actually going to do the Nirvana and Alice in Chains Unplugged albums back to back. The AIC is another good unplugged performance despite the fact that Layne Staley was in the very late stages of his smack habit at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yandie - it must be our teenage-angst-ridden selves reawakening together.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Nirvana and I have a little obsession with Kurt Cobain too, i wish he were here now :( (i'm form Argentina, my english its not too good)
    By the way, i really like your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Judith! I wish he was here too :(

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.