I'm gonna do something different this morning, and take you back in time, to when I was an awkward teenager, writing furiously but in cursive handwriting. Yes, I've stumbled across my old journals, and some of the material is too ridiculous to not share. Be warned, it's very bad poetry (and the fact that I'm aware of that must mean that I also know how to write good poetry, right...?)
I wrote this one when I was 16-17. Truly. Terrible. Please, laugh at my teenage self's expense.
"Charades"
you'll make them happy if you
play along
you'll make them happy if you
just pretend
c'mon, let's do it even though
it's wrong
c'mon let's make believe that
we're best friends
to tell the truth I hate your
fucking guts
let's be honest, you really drive
me nuts
I dare you, fake your friendship
one more time
but stop staring so much, you
might go blind.
you'll think you're happy if they
talk to you
you'll think your happy, you'll think
they're your friends
you'll make them happy, just act
how they do
you'll think you're happy, c'mon
let's pretend
Hehehe.. I feel like my teenaged dirtbag self may have found a kindred spirit in yours. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteoh man hahaha i love this!
ReplyDeletehaha, I'm glad you all are finding this entertaining. I might make give material from the Teenage Dirt Bag a regular, perhaps weekly, appearance..
ReplyDeletethe feeling of it was very good and that's the main thing! The things you said were so true! I'm so jealous because all my journals were lost...I know I had a bunch of stuff like this also...
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you have a new series to post!
Yes, Pat, I think I do have a new series... Sorry to hear your journals are lost! :(
ReplyDelete