“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Minnesota Blog for Choice

Hi everyone. If you're interested in reading more of what my guest blogger Kira has to say, you can follow her at Minnesota Blog for Choice, a blog she's running as part of her internship with NARAL. Here's a snippet from what NARAL represents (my emphasis):
The mission of NARAL Pro-Choice Minnesota is to develop and sustain a constituency that uses the political process to guarantee every woman the right to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive choices, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion.
A somewhat related personal anecdote comes to mind . . . when I was pregnant with Evelyn, someone from my partner's family sent us a check for $100 - an amount this person says he/she usually donates to the national Pro-Life campaign each year but was sending to us this year instead. With the check came a card that said (again, my emphasis), "Thank you so much for choosing life."

It almost makes me chuckle. Almost.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the link!

    and also, $100 bucks.. for some reason I think that's so weird! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is weird! Made me feel weird.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.