“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Tree-Hugging Tree

The best way to decorate a tree is with tree-friendly ornaments. Because this is our first Christmas season in our own home with our own tree, we have very little ornaments. My mom gave me some of her old ones that she doesn't use anymore, I bought a few at a farmer's market back in October, and the rest I am making myself.

The idea for the homemade ones came from old light bulbs that we had laying around. I think it was Jason who said he'd made one into an ornament before, and I thought Great idea! Then I started thinking about what else I could make ornaments out of, and I finally found a use for the empty Brie cheese box that I'd been saving:



The fabric is from a long skirt that I bought at the thrift store for probably a dollar and wore as a dress when I was pregnant.

3 comments:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.