“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Monday, December 6, 2010

Poo


What a stressful day.

The child awoke early, and now, despite my many efforts, she refuses to nap, which means I have graded a whopping three papers of the 12 that were my goal today. This means I will be extra-swamped the next few days, and I don't even want to think about what will happen if today's non-sleeping antics repeat themselves tomorrow.

While I was trying to get the child to nap, the puppy sneaked downstairs and ate cat poop again. Disgusting, and annoying to clean up after.

My undergraduate loans are supposed to be in deferment, since I am starting school at the end of this month. But I found out today that the deferment doesn't actually begin until the day I begin school, so there goes all the money I made from grading papers. Sorry folks, no fancy Christmas presents from me this year.

I hate days like this. Thankfully there is tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. okay, seriously... was there a full moon that i wasn't aware of? because that makes eva, your little one AND my friend emily's son that were early risers REFUSING to sleep today!! but man, i feel ya on the sleepless thing... i'm a zombie today. i'll send happy positive vibes your way!

    ps- i hate money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! The chances are tomorrow won't be as bad as today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both.

    I hate money too. There's not a full moon so I don't know what it is! Maybe there's a full moon on another planet or in another solar system that is somehow affecting our children ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.