“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Monday, December 13, 2010

Bluegrass + Winona + Song from Fight Club!

The Trampled by Turtles show that we went to in Winona last weekend was AMAZING. The room was filled with so much energy, and that's because those guys are incredibly talented. I danced for pretty much a straight 1 1/2 hours, since they move from one fast-paced song to the next without much of a break. They don't allow you to stop moving! It was awesome. I didn't take a video or anything (because that would have required me to stand still for too long), but I did get a decent photo:
The guy in the overalls on the far left has amazingly fast fingers. Oh, and I almost forgot, they covered one song during the show - "Where is mind?" by the Pixies! This is the end song of Fight Club, and a song that a college roommate (and best friend) and I have been obsessed with since I can remember. Of course, I had to call her and hold up the phone. Ironic, that they would cover just that song. Well, in their encore, they did some Charlie Parr songs, but he is another bluegrass artist also from Duluth, Minn., and the band actually knows him. Anyway, it was a great night.

1 comment:

  1. Oh My God, I would have died to see that. I love the Pixies and I love genre-crossing covers. I do wish you'd had video of that.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.