“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Try to imagine something a million times larger than the sun....

....now multiply that by a thousand. That's how big the largest star every discovered is - one billion times larger than our sun. But also remember that we're talking about our sun here, which is one hundred times the size of the earth - and think about how big the earth is compared to the size of you. Thinking about this makes my brain stretch, and I am addicted to that feeling. Click here to watch a cool video that illustrates all of this.

3 comments:

  1. ahhhhhh!!! this was amazing!!!!!! now i feel a sudden urge to pull out my old 'life in the universe' text book! thanks! i'm innn the mooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brain stretched? My brain has turned into a puddle of goo. This is too incomprehensible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brain can't even stretch that far. Some things simply defy the limits of our imagination. "Space" is one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.