“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Hate When I Can't Think of a Title

I apologize for being terribly absent lately.... so much going on! Not so much in the physical world but in my own mental one (wow, that makes me sound crazy, huh?) Here's the scoop:

1. I've decided to go to the Vermont College of Fine Arts. Woohoo! I still haven't heard back from the other two schools, and I realized that even if I did get accepted somewhere else, I am really impressed with VCFA so far and would probably still choose it over the others. Plus, I just got my copy of Poets & Writers magazine, and the VCFA is listed as the top program for MFA in Writing. So yeah, I'll be going to Vermont for my first residency on December 28th. I want to figure out my flight and everything as soon as possible - don't want to get stuck with an expensive ticket that departs and lands at the most inconvenient times... And I am not letting myself think about how hard it will be to be away from Evelyn for 10 days and nights. I just won't.

2. I am in an interview/hiring process for being an online teaching assistant with writing studies at Ashford University. Starting today and over the weekend, I have to grade mock student papers and respond to mock questions and all of that. This is a performance-based interview so I'm triple-checking everything I do.

3. I am in the process of writing my next article for Currents magazine. See my last two articles here and here.

4. I've been seriously concentrating on my own poetry, which means reading and writing a lot.

5. The weather here has been gorgeous - finally no humidity, and highs in the 60's (and some 70's). This means lots of toddling and strolling about with Little One.

6. Amidst all of this, I still try to keep up with my daily reading of the news and all - just got this week's copy of Newsweek. Reading other blogs helps me stay updated, as well, so thanks awesome bloggers.

I hear Evelyn awake now and my stomach is grumbling for breakfast. Hope you have a happy day. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you're certainly busy. Enjoy Vermont, it's a great state to live in. And, good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, so far I've heard only good things about Vermont. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.