“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Monday, July 26, 2010

She's Too Cute to Not Share


It's been one of those hot summer days that keeps my brain in slow motion, and amidst my internship work, grad school apps, and mothering, I haven't had time to read the news and write about it here like I often do. Now it's night time and I'm too tired to read about the drama of the world, so I'll share some fun stuff.

So Evelyn Jane is now 1 year, 1 month, and 4 days old.


Signs of a big girl she now displays:

  • No more bottles! Only whole milk in a sippy cup (which she sucks down just as greedily)
  • Pacifier only at nap time and bed time
  • Brushing teeth in the morning and night
  • Preferring Papa over Mama--yes, the papa phase has begun. If he gets her ready for bed, she doesn't even want to hug or kiss me good night :( She's obsessed with him and babbles "papa papa" all day
  • In addition to "papa," she does say "mama," as well as "ball," "highchair," "cheese," the names of her cousins, and decent attempts at "auntie," "cat," and "dog."
  • Facing forward car seat
  • Not walking yet (very close!), but someone did make a #2 on the new potty today! Yay Evelyn! :)

Post-nap frizzy hair. We call it "mom hair" around our house--she's definitely getting mama's curls...


1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.