“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Saturday, July 24, 2010

New Books!

Little One is in bed already, Papa is still at work, and I still have the applications to continue working on, but I want to share the three new books I bought for myself today. I usually don't buy brand new books because I can find them online for a lot cheaper, but I somehow found myself in a Borders bookstore today, and it's pretty much a crime for me to leave any bookstore without at least one book (but who am I kidding, it's never just one book). My new books:


The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Oh, and I guess I bought four books, because I also bought The History of Love by Nicole Krauss, but it's for a friend (I already have a used copy). I don't know when I'll have time to read these, but I do know that I will somehow find the time (I actually just read the preface to The God Delusion, ha!) Maybe soon I'll share some lines from my new reads :)

3 comments:

  1. I've read the first two...both amazing books!
    The first one because it was "trippy." And the second one when I was young becaue it was banned in a lot of school libraries...

    I'll be at borders tomorrow, they are having a tent sale at the one by my house. Supposed to be big big savings!

    Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, all three of these have been on my reading list for quite some time.

    I wish there was a big big savings on books right by my house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Catcher in the Rye is one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.