“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Photography Appreciation


I just started a class called Photography Appreciation, and I am pretty excited about learning something new. For our photo project, we have to select a photographer from Masters of Photography, and eventually we will mimic that photographer's work. I think I am going to study William Eggleston. I don't know much about him yet, but he used color as a main element in his photo design.

See:






(I can't get the full frames to post).

Also, here are some good quotes from Professor Daniel Eastman, the instructor of the course

"Learning the habit of bullshit is not learning; it's avoidance behavior."

"Your first impression is not an answer; it's a start."

"There's a difference between what it says and what it means."

"You don't create by doing what you already know."

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.