“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Maybe I could hop into a blender?

Simultaneously being a mother and a student is becoming harder than I imagined. The two identities are very separate for me right now:

Mother=messy hair, lullabies, dirty diapers, peek-a-boo, hickory dickory dock, breastfeeding, cuddling, family time, bath time, nap time, tummy time, and everything else wonderful.

Student=online classes, typing, homework, lecture, research, three hours away, no family time, no bath time, no nap time, no tummy time, no cuddling. And I suppose messy hair will be a part of any identity I ever have.

I need to find a way to blend the two more smoothly because right now I barely do any homework at home, and very quickly I will find myself stressed and pressed for time. But it's so easy to procrastinate homework when there's a beautiful baby to play and cuddle with! And not just any beautiful baby, MY beautiful baby. My Evelyn, goddess of the stars.

2 comments:

  1. my goodness!!! look at that FACE.

    it'll get easier as the time passes (i'm supposed to say that, right?) but, you'll manage... and in the end it will be SO WORTH IT. just learn to enjoy black coffee and 4 hours of sleep on a good night... and you'll be just fine! haha

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.