I did end up getting my new lens yesterday (a 35mm/1.8 for anyone who cares), and Evelyn and I have been having some fun with it. This might be my favorite picture I've ever taken. I wanna blow it up huge and put it in a white frame in the living room or something.
Visit my photo blog to see the rest of the photos from our little session.
Also, I read a lot of Frank O'Hara today, who is absolutely incredible. All the colors and the splashing in these photos remind me of him. Here's his poem, "My Heart:"
I'm not going to cry all the time
nor shall I laugh all the time,
I don't prefer one "strain" to another.
I'd have the immediacy of a bad movie,
not just a sleeper, but also the big,
overproduced first-run kind. I want to be
at least as alive as the vulgar. And if
some aficionado of my mess says "That's
not like Frank!", all to the good! I
don't wear brown and grey suits all the time,
do I? No. I wear workshirts to the opera,
often. I want my feet to be bare,
I want my face to be shaven, and my heart-
-you can't plan on the heart, but
the better part of it, my poetry, is open.
That photograph is magical.. please frame it. You are such an awesome mother. And that poem! You have the best taste!
ReplyDelete