you need to triple check the damn addresses you're delivering to! Or at least double check. Especially when you're delivering expensive, fragile items that need to be signed for.
You see, I've ordered a new lens for my camera, and it was scheduled to be delivered yesterday. I was planning on being home except I had to bring Evelyn to her playgroup in the morning, and we ended up just missing the delivery. I got a note saying a second attempt would be made for today, between 10:30 and 2. So Evelyn and I have not had any plans all day. We didn't even go for our usual walk because I wanted to be sure to be here to sign for my lens. Well then the dogs start barking and I see a UPS truck go by, as if it'd just stopped at our neighbor's house. Hmmm, that's weird, I thought. So I went to the neighbor's front door, knowing they were both at work, and I see a note on their door that a second attempt had been made to deliver a package. I took the note and looked up the tracking number, and sure enough, it's my package! I know mistakes happen but this is just carelessness. Double-check the address and this wouldn't happen! Now my lens is still bumping along in some truck, when it could have been in my hands, already put to good, beautiful use...
I called UPS and asked if they could send the truck back out here today because I purposely made no plans and don't want to have to sit around here again to wait for it tomorrow. Now I'm waiting on a phone call from them.
Gah, just had to vent.
I hate UPS. I ordered a phone and since phones are small I thought it would come in the mail. Nope. So I didn't even KNOW it was being shipped by UPS to begin with. So I come home to a 'Final Attempt' notice on my door. Funny, I don't recall being notified of any previous attempts. This is a Friday so I can't get a hold of anyone by phone to get the addressed changed to be work address (because I'm not about to take a day off work to wait for a PHONE).
ReplyDeleteI can't do anything online because I don't have a tracking number, not having known that it would be sent UPS anyway. The site is a mess, and I can't find any way to contact anyone to change the shipping or change it online. And a bunch of links go to error pages or redirect back to the home page.
Finally Monday I get a hold of someone by phone. I tell them, diplomatically that their website sucks. I ask where I can file a formal complaint about the whole situation. She tells me I can file a complaint online, to which I say, laughing bitterly, "No, I don't think I'll be doing THAT." because, you know, website.
Ha, that's terrible! To their credit, they did send the delivery guy back to my house within an hour of my phone call, and he did apologize, but still. Do your damn job, people!
ReplyDelete