“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Sunday, March 18, 2012

digging for fire {blog name change!}

I've been wanting to come up with a new blog name for quite some time because I got bored with "here & now" -- I started hearing it everywhere and realized I want something different. I may still play around with the header for a bit but the name is here to stay.

digging for fire is the new name. I pulled it from a song by one of my all-time favorite bands, The Pixies:



there is this old woman
she lives down the road
you can often find her
kneeling inside of her hole
and i often ask her
"are you looking for the mother load?"
huh?
no.
no my child, this is not my desire
and then she said

i'm digging for fire [4x]

there is this old man 
who spent so much of his life sleeping
that he is able to keep awake for the rest of his years
he resides
on a beach
in a town
where i am going to live
and i often ask him
"are you looking for the mother load?"
huh?
no.
no my child, this is not my desire
and then he said

i'm digging for fire [4x]

4 comments:

  1. Digging for fire sounds so...passionate. It completely fits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome and your pixies reference makes you even cooler. On a weird note I always thought the people in he song were saying "fuck no"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yandie! I thought of you when I thought of The Pixies. I copied these lyrics from another site so I'll have to listen again closely :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.