At 6 a.m. I heard Evelyn crying and it sounded like she wasn't in her room. So I got up, and saw that she wasn't in her room, but coming up the dark stairs (all our bedrooms are on the same upper level). Her father was notorious for sleepwalking when he was young, so my first thought was Oh crap, she inherited that gene! because usually she comes in our room first if she wakes up. I calmed her down and put her back to bed.
This morning I asked her if she remembered all of that, and it turns out she probably wasn't sleepwalking, because when I asked why she went downstairs and not in my room, she said, so sweetly, "Because I didn't want to wake you up." And she said she went downstairs to look out the window and see if it was sunny out yet. Aw.... Of course when she realized it wasn't sunny out yet, she got scared about coming up the stairs in the dark.
She just finished her yogurt and climbed into my lap. Have you ever typed with 34-pounds of sweetness curled up in your lap? It's hard. And lovely. But lovelier to just hold her now.
Cute.
ReplyDeleteI HAVE typed with an extremely heavy cat draped across both arms, but your story is much cuter.
Haha, thanks!
DeleteI have a sleep walker... and it's really scary sometimes! She'll walk into her closet, for example, and get "stuck"- or one time, I woke up at 3am to her trying to walk out the front door. Scary stuff! Also, your 2 year old weighs more than my 4 year old. Why do I have such a munchkin? She's seriously going to be barely 5 feet tall in adulthood. I can just feel it!
ReplyDeleteAH! So scary! I hope she doesn't turn into a sleepwalker. Also, your 4 year old may be a munchkin but my two year old is big for her age! Eva's gonna be petite but fiery like you :)
Delete