sometimes I'm not very fond of where I live, especially in these cold and dreary months when there's not much of an option besides staying inside....not that I'd want to live in the heart of the city (although I might) but gosh, the closest thing to diversity and culture around here are the thrift shops and antique stores. and that's it. am I missing something? where is my community?
in the summer it's better because I'm happy with warmth and sunshine anywhere I go, but currently Big Lake, Minnesota is totally not my scene. I think I would like to sometimes step out of my front door and head down the street to a bookstore, a coffee shop, an art gallery, a friend...
from the poem "Crunch" by Charles Bukowski:
there is a loneliness in this world so great
that you can see it in the slow movement of
the hands of a clock...
yep, winter can be brutal!! hehehe xx
ReplyDeletenatalieoffduty.blogspot.com
I feel ya. I really do. I used to think that city livin' wasn't for me. (I hate driving around Mpls. for instance...) But, to have some CULTURE would be nice. Garrett has always wanted to do the Urban thing... I think he may have been onto something all along.
ReplyDelete