When you go on a tropical vacation it's sort of expected that you post beautiful beach and sun photos, and while I have plenty of those and will share plenty more (see a few here), I want to first share with you some of the other photos from my time in the Caribbean last weekend. The beaches were, of course, amazing, but I was equally amazed by the life of the island itself, its people and its culture, its crooked houses on its narrow winding roads (and how people drive fast and reckless and on the left side), its food and drink (lots of rum!) and town and color and architecture.... and I thankfully got to see a lot of that--on the shuttle ride to and from the airport, walking the streets of downtown St. Thomas, and on a taxi ride that ended up taking us all over the island...(more on that later)...
Plus, everyone's seen beautiful photos of beautiful beaches--that doesn't make them any less beautiful, and I'm excited to share my beautiful beach photos, but these photos here are more special to me, more sacred...odd-angled snapshots of my experience on the island that are virtually impossible to recreate...
So here, I share my secrets with you!
“There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” --Robert Louis Stevenson
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.