Most toddlers love to scribble, and Evelyn is no exception. But last night was the first time she did more than scribble--she said, "I'm making an O, like in the book," and indeed she was making o's all over her magnetic drawing board, just like in the book we got from the library last week, which gave examples of words that use the "oo" sound.
My heart was bursting with pride and joy, and excitement for her! All the wonderful things she's discovering...
And then, to top it off, she said, "Look, I made an E!" and while I think she made this E by accident (see the last photo--I was across from her so that's why it looks upside down), she right away recognized it as the letter E, which we've talked about a lot since it's her letter.
Yay!
Learning to write is soooooooooooooo much fun! I got Eva work books from Barnes and Noble and she just ate them up!
ReplyDeleteThat's great! We did very little with our son along this line. He was the last of our five kids. After a few days in kindergarden his teacher said it is so refreshing to get a kid that already knows how to read. You could have knocked us over with a feather. He could also write several words. How did we miss that?
ReplyDelete