“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Thursday, December 22, 2011

holiday gift swap {pt 2}

The other week I posted about the gift I sent to a stranger for the Holiday Gift Swap I participated in this year, hosted by Diana from :dianapantz: (go check out her blog! she's great. and from Minnesota. so that makes her extra cool! ha). And this time I'm here to tell you what someone sent me.... 

Tempestt, the shop owner of Oregon-based Enticing Treats, put so. much. thought. into my gift. I was actually brought to tears when I opened it, just by the fact that a complete stranger had taken so much time to consider my tastes and then handcraft something extra special for me. When I signed up for the swap, I had to email Diana three facts about myself. I said that I love to quote Fight Club (my god I do!), I love poetry (it's my only religion), and I have an odd obsession with the idea of San Francisco in the 1960's even though I wasn't alive then and I've never been to SF. 

Tempestt, who I've never met but is obviously incredibly sweet, creative, and thoughtful, sent me a handmade journal from Literary Luxe, and you know what was on the cover? A quote from Sylvia Plath, and not just any quote, but THE QUOTE that has been my motivator for years now:

"And by the way, everything in life is writable about, if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt."

I can't even tell you how many times I've quoted this to other people, and to my self! Wow. 

Then I opened this brown-and-cream-SF-circa-1960's flower head band (handmade by Tempestt and wrapped super nice with a tag that she'd hand-stamped my name on), and in the middle of the flower is a button, and you know what the button has on it? Wait for it....

A quote from Fight Club

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The quote (which I've quoted time and again!):

"This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time." 

It's kindness like this that world needs more of. Thank you, thank you. 

threadbowl.gif

6 comments:

  1. I love the thoughtfulness!! I agree, the world needs so much more of the thoughtfulness and kindness! Just a moment more spent on each person would be life changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! It sounds like you've made a friend!
    I love that quote also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely! How awesome about the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm soooo glad you love your gift! I was worried you wouldn't like what I had picked... This post made me tear up, you are so sweet and you are SO very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU are so very sweet. Again, thank you, thank you.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.