This year I participated in a holiday gift swap, which was put together but the amazingly talented and warm-hearted Diana over at :dianapantz: Every one who signed up received a name, address, and three facts about a person. The name I received was Jeanetta, a photographer and mother of three who lives in Utah. She noted that she's tired of the same old jeans and t-shirt, you know, the classic mom wardrobe, and that she loves the look and feel of all things vintage. I can definitely relate to a lot of that, so I searched for some simple yet beautiful vintage accessories that could dress up any basic outfit.
I found a beautiful green and pink vintage scarf from andgretel -- an independent Canadian shop run by Kate (check her out! her scarves are beautiful, unique, and affordable. and she's really sweet). And I found a pair of light pink iridescent earrings from a local vintage/antique shop. To top it off, I decided to send Jeanetta my copy of The Model as Muse, a large book that tells the history of fashion in the 20th century mostly through stunning photographs. I'll admit, this was a little difficult to part with, especially since the oh-so-beautiful Kate Moss is on the back cover, but this season is all about giving, right? I hope the book brings her inspiration, for both her photography and her wardrobe.
Next time I'll tell you about the amazing gift that I received...
Happy Friday!







I wonder whether there would be holiday gift swaps if the world was people only by men--heterosexual men, anyway. I wonder this because I've never heard a man say a good word about one, nor have I ever heard of a man organizing one.
ReplyDeleteVery nice! It sounds like fun also.
ReplyDeleteyour gifts [and your heart] are so lovely!
ReplyDeleteand i was reading you are heading to vt ; i lived in burlington for a year!
thanks for sharing, sarah!!
Gorgeous gifts and photos. You really put some thought into it, that's so sweet!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful gifts! How thoughtful to send something that you treasure too.
ReplyDelete