“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Monday, November 28, 2011

Who's got their sh** together?

Because today I definitely don't. Or maybe I do and I just think I don't, which would probably be an indication that I probably don't.... 

Maybe it's just the exhaustion from the past week and weekend (two photo shoots, a paper, 8 poems, cleaning, holidays, travelling, etc. etc. etc.). Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I live with a toddler and five animals and like to have clean and organized spaces but have never been the best at achieving those kinds of spaces, and the child and animals don't make it any easier. Plus, I have a million projects running through my head, many of which don't exactly involve said child and/or animals, but I'm not one to neglect the child and/or animals, so I must try to be patient until I have time to myself, meanwhile my mind races a thousand miles an hour, anxiety builds from having to try to be patient.... because when I do find time it's never enough time. But that could my own problem. 

Not every day is like this. Just today. And sometimes other days. Maybe it's all because I haven't sat by sunlamp for two days now. Yes, Jason bought me a sunlamp for our anniversary, and I think it's been working, giving me energy and clear thinking space and such. 

Does anyone out there have their shit together today? I hope so. Give me some tips, please. Sometimes I feel like everything would be so much easier if I had a super organized office space or something. Plus maybe a slightly different brain?

source

source
source
source
source

2 comments:

  1. I am the absolute WORST at organization.. I can never organize anything at home.. Work is another story. I've always been a clean freak at work.. Ugh I wish it was opposite. I totally live in chaos. But I guess it's my chaos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like organized things, but I'm just too ADD to ever get it totally done.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.