“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Monday, October 24, 2011

ready to be sun-kissed....

By the end of this week I'll be relaxing on the beach in south Florida, and I am so ready, so excited. I can't wait to show Evelyn the ocean for the first time. And I've actually only seen the ocean once, years ago, so this will be my first time seeing it as an adult. (Actually we'll be on the Gulf of Mexico side, but still. The only beaches around here are lake shores lined with pine trees--which are nice but bring on the palms!)

This coincides perfectly with my need to relax more, to just let it go.... so I'm not bringing my laptop and will only check my email on the hotel computer a few times due to work/school related things. 

It's time to detox, unplug, tune in and drop out.... (well, not yet. I still have to finish that paper and write those poems before we head out Thursday morning!)






My goal is to soak up as much sun as possible when I'm there in hopes to fend off those winter blues... 

3 comments:

  1. Have a great time! This is the best time to go to Florida...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rose/salmon hues in those photographs. Makes me feel so warm and happy! Have fun! I'm sooooooooo jealous! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos!
    and i love the blog header!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.