“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Still hugging them trees....

It's about time I posted something in regards to the environment, but first: my apologies to anyone whose already seen/read a version of this post elsewhere, either on Facebook or my photography blog, but I feel compelled to share here too. So, here goes....

I'm so excited to introduce to you my new eco-friendly packaging. It took quite a bit of online research, but I think I've finally found the photography packaging that's right for my business. Read on for a breakdown of the specifics.



The boxes are high quality yet made from 95% recycled material. I bought them in bulk from an Oregon-based company whose shipping is carbon neutral.


To wrap the boxes I decided to use jute (on the left) and hemp, both natural, highly sustainable, biodegradable, and very easy to grow without the use of pesticides and fertilizer. The jute I purchased along with the boxes and the hemp I already had.


As a final touch, I'm using my business cards as package tags. My business cards are 100% recycled post-consumer material, chlorine-free, acid-free, and made using wind-power.


All of these natural materials are not only better for the earth, but they also reflect my photography style -- natural, organic, simple yet beautiful with a personal touch. I approach each photography session as an opportunity to create, to make art, to connect with other people and make them happy, and I want my packaging to reflect that, to reflect what's inside.

Plus, I owe it to nature for providing me with the beautiful backdrops for so many of my photos...


"Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty."--John Ruskin




p.s. If you like this you should highly consider "liking" here&nowphotography on Facebook (if you don't already. If you do, thank you!). Look to the sidebar on the right. 

3 comments:

  1. That is an awesome thing to do! Not only that, to me, the packaging looks nice as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pat! Glad you think so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful packaging! simple can be so stylish/elegant :)

    (thanks for your sweet comment on my paris post!)

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.