“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Saturday, October 1, 2011

For All My Misfit Readers


Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The troublemakers. The round
pegs in the square holes - the
ones who see things differently.
They’re not fond of rules and
they have no respect for
the status quo. You can praise
them, disagree with them,
quote them, disbelieve them,
glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing that you
can’t do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
 Jack Kerouac

1 comment:

  1. And he drank himself to death at, what was it, age 42 or maybe 44? Just the thought of him bleeding to death while he was drinking his whiskey breakfast makes it hard for me to read him. I sure enjoyed "On the Road" though.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.