For me, a cold beer on a hot summer afternoon, as cliche as it may sound, is more refreshing than a glass of lemonade or a dip in the pool. But it has to be a good brew, and it has to come in a glass bottle. The other day Jason came home with a case of a variety of select northern brews:
and I had a summer ale that was particularly tasty:
And I appreciate these bottles not only for the yumminess they host inside but also for the artwork they boast outside:
And he brought me roses, which he cut himself from the bushes at his work:
Today, though, is a rainy day in central Minnesota, so I'm not craving a beer but lots of coffee, and sorry, I don't have a picture to go with that one.
And to anyone who's been reading my posts, thanks for sticking around even though I haven't had much time to return the kindness....
I like beer bottle tops, though I don't drink much beer. I collect them with the hope of making something arty at some point, but perhaps I should just accept their own artiness. :-) Pixie
ReplyDeleteYes, I had that idea too, to make something with these bottle tops. They'd make good centers of flowers in a painting, but I need to find the right kind of glue to adhere them to the canvas....
ReplyDeleteHave you tried Anchor Steam Beer? It's out of San Francisco and my favorite right now.
ReplyDeleteI have not but am definitely intrigued, especially since one of my latest obsessions is SF....
ReplyDeleteGranted, I think I "liked" every one of these photographs on facebook... I still needed to comment- because I'm the same way with my beverage cravings and the weather! I have had 3 cups of coffee already today due to our rainy weather! And, I will agree with Linda- Anchor steam is DELICIOUS. As for the bottle caps... I got a small hot glue gun for crafting... I use it a lot to stick beads, glass, etc onto canvas!
ReplyDeleteYes, a hot glue gun! That's what I need :)
ReplyDeleteyou had me at "BEER" yes beer is the most amazing food ever concocted. I love em all! If you ever get to try it, get Sierra nevada's Torpedo IPA. It'll knock ur sox off!
ReplyDeleteOoh I'll have to check that out too. IPAs are my favorite. Thanks!
ReplyDelete